Thursday, March 30, 2006

Connecting with Starbucks, Chapter Two















So I got my first email from the Starbucks Customer Connections program. (earlier post)

A few comments:
  • Um, thanks for asking me to comment on the free coffee event at my local 'bucks. Next time can you remember to actually invite me to the event, as well? How "holistic" is this relationship, anyway? (Mirrors my original concern - byinviting me into the program based on "feedback alone," has Starbucks set themselves up for a less than complete view of the customer relationship?)
  • The privacy policy now links to a Starbucks policy (which, curiously, hasn't been updated since 2002) but plenty of other links, including one for helpful info about whitelisting, still take you to the email vendor. I think this is an odd choice, from a branding perspective. This is the chain that doesn't franchise; control over execution is everything to them... I'd consider extending that principle to the online environment.
  • Get with the program on this email layout and content design. Long, long, long. Not optimized for previewing, or for best practices re: how people read email.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROBERTO? COSE FAI?

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see my masterplan for depantsing the omnipresent shitty coffee brand is working...

First I secretly replaced several hundred cases of "The Way I See It" cups with, well, the way I see it, and now this!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home